Ranathen at 04th Level
Half-Giant, 3rd Level Bard
CG Medium Giant (Psionic)
Speed: 30 feet (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 = 10 +4 [chain shirt] +1 [dexterity] Touch 11 Flat-footed 14Combat:
- Attack (handheld): +3 = 2 [base] +1 [strength]
- Attack (unarmed): +3 = 2 [base] +1 [strength]
- Attack (missile): +3 = 2 [base] +1 [dexterity]
- Grapple check: +7 = 2 [base] +1 [strength]
- Fortitude +1
- Reflex +2
- Will +4
- Strength 12(+1)
- Dexterity 13(+1)
- Constitution 10(+0)
- Intelligence 13(+1)
- Wisdom 12(+1)
- Charisma 14(+2)
Skills: Appraise 1; Balance 1; Bluff 4; Climb 1; Concentration 2; Craft 1; Diplomacy 2; Disguise 8; Escape Artist 1; Forgery 1; Gather Information 2; Heal 1; Hide 1; Intimidate 2; Jump 1; Knowledge (arcana) 3; Knowledge (geography) 3; Knowledge (history: Centicles) 7; Knowledge (nature) 3; Listen 3; Move Silently 7; Perform 8; Ride 1; Search 1; Sense Motive 1; Sleight of Hand 3; Spellcraft 3; Spot 1; Survival 1; Swim 1; Use Magic Device 4; Use Rope 1;
Languages: Common, DraconicFeats:
- Point Blank Shot: +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet.
- Rapid Shot: One extra attack per round with a ranged weapon. The attack is at your highest base attack bonus, but each attack you make in that round (the extra one and the normal ones) takes a -2 penalty. You must use the full attack action to use this feat.
- Zero-level Bard spells (3 per day) 0-level Bard spells known: Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Know Direction, Light, Lullaby, Open/Close
- First-level Bard spells (2 per day) 1st-level Bard spells known: Charm Person, Disguise Self, Hypnotism
- +2 strength, +2 constitution, -2 dexterity (already included)
- Low light vision
- +2 saves vs. fire
- Medium size, but use large weapons without penalty; space and reach are as medium
- Considered large for grappling, bullrishing, tripping, improved grab, getting swallowed whole
- Stomp once per day
- Level adjustment +1
- Bardic Knowledge
- Bardic Music
- Inspire courage +1
- Inspire competence
- Can know only limited numbers of spells
- Savage bards have different spells, largely druid-type.
- High charisma gains bonus spells daily
- Dagger [1d6, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 2 lb., light, piercing]
- Heavy Mace [2d6, crit x2, 16 lb., one-handed, bludgeoning]
- Light Crossbow [2d6, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 80 ft., 8 lb, piercing]]
- Chain shirt [light; +4 AC; max dex +4; check penalty -2; 25 lb.]
- Crossbow bolts (quiver of 10) x5 5lbs.
- Backpack 2lbs.
- Bedroll 5lbs.
- Crowbar 5lbs.
- Fishing net 5lbs.
- Flint and steel
- Pouch x2 1lbs.
- Rations (1 day) x8 8lbs.
- Torches x5 5lbs.
- Waterskins x2 8lbs.
- Whetstone 1lbs.
- Musical instrument 3lbs.
- Spell component pouch 2lbs.
- Total weight carried: 101 lbs. (heavy load)
As a young lad, Ranathen first learned of the story of Centicles from an itinerant bard passing through his savage land. He knew right away what he wanted to do with his life: spread the story for himself and persuade his own people to believe.
It became a lifelong challenge among his stubborn folk to make them believe in Centicles, for they did not think the gifts (and coal) that were left in their hovels each year were from him but a bounty directly from their savage gods. Yet little by little, they began to come around – first the children, then the women, and finally a few of the men.
And before he knew it, Ranathen was the image of the mysterious wandering bard he thought he had met years before, and found himself a servant of Centicles.