Ranathen at 20th Level
Half-Giant, 19th Level Bard
CG Medium Giant (Psionic)
Speed: 30 feet (6 squares)
Armor Class: 21 = 10 +6 [+5 chain shirt of cold resistance] +2 [dexterity] Touch 11 Flat-footed 16Combat:
- Attack (handheld): +18/+13/+8 = +14/+9/+4 [base] +1 [strength] DAMAGE 1d4+2 S, 1d6+2 M, 19-20/x2
- Attack (unarmed): +15/+10/+5 = +14/+9/+4 [base] +1 [strength]
- Attack (missile): +17/+12/+7 = +14/+9/+4 [base] +3 [dexterity]
- Grapple check: +15 = +14 [base] +1 [strength]
- Fortitude +8
- Reflex +16
- Will +14
- Strength 12(+1)
- Dexterity 16(+3)
- Constitution 10(+0)
- Intelligence 14(+2)
- Wisdom 12(+1)
- Charisma 14(+2)
Skills: Appraise 8; Balance 10; Bluff 5; Climb 6; Concentration 2; Craft 1; Diplomacy 10; Disguise 12; Escape Artist 1; Forgery 1; Gather Information 2; Heal 1; Hide 1; Intimidate 2; Jump 1; Knowledge (arcana) 3; Knowledge (geography) 3; Knowledge (history: Centicles) 8; Knowledge (nature) 10; Listen 10; Move Silently 15; Perform 15; Ride 1; Search 3; Sense Motive 10; Sleight of Hand 3; Spellcraft 3; Spot 1; Survival 6; Swim 1; Use Magic Device 4; Use Rope 1;
Languages: Common, DraconicFeats:
- Point Blank Shot: +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet.
- Rapid Shot: One extra attack per round with a ranged weapon. The attack is at your highest base attack bonus, but each attack you make in that round (the extra one and the normal ones) takes a -2 penalty. You must use the full attack action to use this feat.
- Combat Expertise: When you use the attack action or the full attack action in melee, you can take a penalty of as much as -5 on your attack roll and add the same number (+5 or less) as a dodge bonus to your Armor Class. This number may not exceed your base attack bonus. The changes to attack rolls and Armor Class last until your next action.
- Shot on the Run: When using the attack action with a ranged weapon, you can move both before and after the attack, provided that your total distance moved is not greater than your speed.
- Magical Aptitude: You get a +2 bonus on all Spellcraft checks and Use Magic Device checks.
- Improved Critical: When using the weapon you selected, your threat range is doubled.
- Zero-level Bard spells (4 per day) Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Know Direction, Light, Lullaby, Open/Close
- First-level Bard spells (4 per day) Charm Person, Disguise Self, Hypnotism, Sleep, Feather Fall
- Second-level Bard spells (4 per day) Detect Thoughts, Summon Nature’s Ally II, Invisibility, Tongues, Enthrall
- Third-level Bard spells (3 per day) Cure Serious Wounds, Good Hope, Phantom Battle, Slow
- Fourth-level Bard spells (4 per day) Modify Memory, Legend Lore, Dimension Door, Hold Monster, Zone of Silence
- Fifth-level Bard spells (4 per day) False Vision, Mislead, Shadow Walk, Song of Discord
- Sixth-level Bard spells (3 per day) Animate Objects, Heroes’ Feast, Irresistible Dance, Scrying, Greater
- +2 strength, +2 constitution, -2 dexterity (already included)
- Low light vision
- +2 saves vs. fire
- Medium size, but use large weapons without penalty; space and reach are as medium
- Considered large for grappling, bullrishing, tripping, improved grab, getting swallowed whole
- Stomp once per day
- Level adjustment +1
- Bardic Knowledge
- Bardic Music
- Inspire courage +1
- Inspire competence
- Inspire courage +2
- Inspire greatness
- Song of freedom
- Inspire courage +3
- Can know only limited numbers of spells
- Savage bards have different spells, largely druid-type.
- High charisma gains bonus spells daily
- +2 Dagger [1d6, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 2 lb., light, piercing]
- +3 Holy Heavy Mace [2d6, crit x2, 16 lb., one-handed, bludgeoning]
- +2 Light Crossbow [2d6, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 80 ft., 8 lb, piercing]]
(Crossbow bolts of shocking burst)
- +5 Chain shirt of cold resistance [light; +6 AC; max dex +4; check penalty -2; 25 lb.]
Gear Luck Blade Instant Fortress Decanter of Endless Water Ring of Djinni Calling MM114 Ring of Spell Storing, Major Crossbow bolts of shocking burst (quiver of 10) x5 5lbs. Crossbow sleep bolts (quiver of 10) x10 10 lbs Hat of disguise Heward’s Handy Haversack 5bs. Horn of Goodness/Evil 1 lb, Bedroll 5lbs. Crowbar 5lbs. Fishing net 5lbs. Flint and steel Pouch x2 1lbs. Rations (1 day) x8 8lbs. Torches x5 5lbs. Waterskins x2 8lbs. Whetstone 1lbs. Musical instrument (masterwork drum) 3lbs. Spell component pouch 2lbs. Pale green Ioun Stone: +1 competence bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks, and ability checks Pearly white Ioun Stone: Regenerate 1 point of damage per hour Total weight carried: 100 lbs. (medium load)
- 285,741 gp
As a young lad, Ranathen first learned of the story of Centicles from an itinerant bard passing through his savage land. He knew right away what he wanted to do with his life: spread the story for himself and persuade his own people to believe.
It became a lifelong challenge among his stubborn folk to make them believe in Centicles, for they did not think the gifts (and coal) that were left in their hovels each year were from him but a bounty directly from their savage gods. Yet little by little, they began to come around – first the children, then the women, and finally a few of the men.
And before he knew it, Ranathen was the image of the mysterious wandering bard he thought he had met years before, and found himself a servant of Centicles.